Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Beginning

I guess the most appropriate place to start is the beginning. I do not know who will read this but I don't keep up with people very well or stay in touch. At least I can fill you all in on Life as the Yarters from the past few years.

When Dylan and I graduated we moved to Dallas, TX. I started a job as a teacher in a private school and Dylan got a job as a stock broker for Morgan Stanley. I loved my job and Dylan hated being a broker. In January of 2005 we moved to McKinney, TX, just a few miles north of Dallas, and bought our first home. It is beautiful and I love everything about it! Two weeks after we moved in we found out we were pregnant!! Dylan left Morgan Stanley that May because he didn't enjoy his job at all. Throughout the summer we lived off of savings and my private school teacher salary while he tried to find something he would enjoy that involved finance or economics. All while I was pregnant. I know, you don't have to say it, I am Wonder Woman! :) About the time I left teaching, end of August, Dylan found a job doing something I can't really explain. It is complicated and confusing but he got into a very small niche in a very guarded part of the stock market and has been doing that ever since!! He actually just started doing in on his own and not for another company and he is LOVING IT. We gave birth by c-section to Ethan Vance on September 29th of 2005. He was breech so I could not deliver him naturally. It was a hard thing for me at the time because I found value in having a baby naturally but after the fact realized that God was protecting me and the baby! He was the perfect baby, sleeping well, eating well, and we were just starting to get back to normal life when we found out that I was 9 weeks pregnant. Ethan was 5 months old at the time! This was the shock of a lifetime and scary for a time but we grew in our excitement. Dylan was doing very well in the stock market and I was now a stay at home mom to the most precious child on the face of the earth. 14 months and 1 day later on November 30th, 2006 we had Prestan James. It was a VBAC which basically means a regular birth after a c-section. So here I am with two boys, 3 1/2 and 2, a husband of almost 7 years and a FEMALE dog named Fendi. An expensive dog gets an expensive name! Dylan is still doing the stock market thing but has also started a clothing line and screen printing company. Warrior Worn and 7streetprint. I will post the web sites when they are fully running. The kids go to school three days a week for about 5 hours so I get some time to do stuff like this or clean.
We also found out a few weeks back that we are expecting yet another Yarter! This one is due on September 9th. I feel sick and tired all the time but that is part of the package!!

2 comments:

Sarah Sherman said...

congrats on baby number 3!!I love keeping up with your sweet family

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Loved reading the story of your life - although I already knew all the details, still great to read through life of the Yarters. Cant wait for more!

And your blog looks super cute!